"More than one player of Achtung! Chtulhu have thought how cool a wargame with the same premise as the RPG would have been where the action is even more brutal and the battle objectives even better defined. Achtung! Cthulhu Skirmish is the answer to that line of thinking ... A!CS will be instantly compared to other alternative WWII games out there, and easily holds its ground, and has a few aces up its sleeves, both in fluff as well as crunch." RPG Net review.
Set around the events of the Secret War Achtung! Cthulhu Skirmish introduces players to the terrifying conflict fought to stop the sorcerous Nazi cult of the Black Sun from unleashing a tide of Mythos horrors against the Allies. Achtung! Cthulhu Skirmish: Rise of the Black Sun is the title of the first wave of releases during 2016 which will complete a whole story arc set around the first battles fought by the secretive Allied forces Section M, set up by the British to combat the Mythos threat and their US counterparts Majestic.
Set against them are arrayed the powerful forces of Exarch Weissler's Black Sun, who as well as conventional troops and weapons can bring devastating magical power to the battlefield, summon ancient and terrible creatures like the Servitors of Nyarlathotep as well as powerful allies such as the Deep Ones and Mi-Go.
Take command of brave Allied forces like Badger's Commandos and the Pathfinder Demon Hunters alongside historical army units, and lead them to victory against the Axis hordes. Deploy special hero units like Sgt Brandon Carter, Professor Richard Deadman or Ariane Dubois to take on the might of the Nazi war machine.
As the Axis, strike terror into your opponents by commanding the sorcerous Black Sun and their Mythos allies, bringing new levels of fear onto the battlefield. Call on the terrifying Deep One War Party or let the unholy Servitors of Nyarlathotep supplement your forces and crush the Allied threat.
Achtung! Cthulhu Skirmish is powered by Spartan Games' Dystopian Legions 2.0 rules set (re-written by Matthew Hope (Relic Knights, AE-WWII, Wrath of Kings, Sedition Wars). The game allows for fast playing battles from small skirmishes up to full scale conflicts. Modiphius has added new rules for Mythos powers, creatures, artefacts and spells to allow players to experience the full flavour and terror of the Achtung! Cthulhu universe with their heroes and troops. The range is designed to work alongside other popular 28mm miniature lines.
Contents: 134 Page Rulebook, 1 A5 Template Sheet, 1 A5 Token Sheet, 1 Tracker Sheet, 1 Double-sided Reference Sheet, 15 D6 (5 red, 5 blue, 5 black), 1 54 Card Deck (TAC cards, Mythos Events, Spell Cards)
Achtung! Cthulhu Skirmish Rules Feature:
- A fast paced wargame rule set combining World War Two and the Cthulhu Mythos.
- Uses the highly successful Dystopian Legions by Spartan Games for a fun but challenging tactical experience.
- Based on the award-winning Achtung! Cthulhu roleplaying game setting by Modiphius Entertainment with
- A major cast of heroes and villains, secret organisations, terrifying horrors and ancient artefacts.
- Track the growing influence of the Mythos over the battlefield. As the Mythos Influence Level rises, strange and terrible things begin to happen to those involved in the conflict.
- New Tactical Action Cards and "Model Assigned Rules" that capture the feel and flavour of the Achtung! Cthulhu settings.
- Introducing rules for Mythos powers, spells and artefacts.
- Stats for Achtung! Cthulhu forces as well as normal historical infantry, support weapons, vehicles and tanks.
- Players from both sides can bring powerful spellcasters to bear weaving spells across the battlefield to ensure victory over their enemy.
- Written and converted by Matthew Hope (Relic Knights, AE-WWII, Wrath of Kings, Sedition Wars)
- Fully compatible with the existing Achtung! Cthulhu miniatures range. For more information on the range, see http://www.modiphius.net/collections/miniatures-1
- Expand your campaigns with hero and villain characters like Sgt Brandon Carter, Ariane Dubois or "Sweet" Liesel Bohm, Adawolfa Gabler, or Franz "the Blackbird" Amsel.
- Call for reinforcements like the Deep One war party, Servitors of Nyarlathotep, Badger's Commandos or Demonhunter Pathfinders to rule the battlefield.
- All purchases come with free download of our massive Forest of Fear background storyline and full campaign briefing with full mission suite for both Section M and Black Sun operatives.
- Narrative base campaigns and expansion sets throughout the year will expand and enhance your adventures!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.