RAIDERS OF THE SERPENT SEA
Veteran game designer and writer Brent Knowles (Neverwinter Nights, Dragon Age: Origins, Baldur's Gate II, Axis & Allies 1942 Online) takes the helm on a new book under the ARCANUM WORLDS banner. Brent will continue the tradition of high quality art and epic storytelling that James Ohlen, Jesse Sky, and Drew Karpyshyn demonstrated in Odyssey of the Dragonlords with the release of a stand alone campaign sourcebook, Raiders of the Serpent Sea.
"I enjoy all things roleplaying and have been extremely grateful for my long career making video games. But my love of gaming always stemmed from those early tabletop experiences, and it is amazing that I've been able to spend the past couple years running several campaigns again, as well as writing this new adventure setting. It certainly reminds me of the hours I spent in my youth dreaming up characters, plots, and doodling maps. Now, after many years of game development experience, I get to apply all that I learned about gaming in general to this new book. And I get to work with fantastic people like the amazing artists James & Jesse have connected me with. I'm hopeful that this is just the beginning. After this book I'd love to expand both the Raiders of the Serpent Sea setting and the very popular Odyssey of the Dragonlords setting with new locations, monsters, and adventures."
- 250-page hardcover book with spectacular illustrations
- 50-page softcover player's guide
- An epic campaign that takes player character's from levels 1 to 10 (and beyond!)
- Details the new world of Grimnir -- a land inspired by the mighty Norse gods, the historical vikings popular today, and all centred around the cycle of Ragnarok. Raiders of the Serpent Sea is compatible with other popular campaign settings.
- An optional bridging scenario connects Thylea (Odyssey of the Dragonlords) and Grimnir (Raiders of the Serpent Sea)
- Written and designed by Brent Knowles, lead designer on Neverwinter Nights & Dragon Age: Origins
- Visit https://www.arcanumworlds.com for regular blogs about the development of Raiders of the Serpent Sea
- A 30-page preview edition of the Player's Guide to Raiders of the Serpent Sea (in pdf format) will be released during fall 2021.