City of Mist core book - PDF
Everything you need to play the City of Mist Tabletop Role-Playing Game in one book!
"Pitch-perfect blend of superhero and noir tabletop RPG... The mechanics are simple yet INCREDIBLY robust." --GEEK & SUNDRY
Take the role of gritty detectives and unscrupulous city folk wielding mythical powers in this award-winning tabletop role-playing game. Investigate crimes committed by modern-day legends as you struggle to balance the legend inside you with your everyday life.
Tell evocative and cinematic tales using City of Mist RPG's new game system. Invoke your characters' unique descriptive Tags to trigger story-propelling Moves. Make sacrifices that change the very nature of your character to unleash incredible powers. It's all in a day's work for your hard-boiled comic-book character...
Packed with beautiful graphic novel art and masterfully designed to give your game a dark gritty feel, the Core Book is the complete City of Mist guide:
• Character creation rules, including 14 themebooks to help you create your own modern-day legend
• All the game rules, from basic to advanced, that will turn your game night into a gripping cinematic experience
• A character development system that allows you to lose themes and gain new ones, adding drama to your character's evolution
• An immersive setting, with dozens of locations and pre-made NPCs to enrich your City and make it your own
• A complete Master of Ceremonies (aka Game Master) chapter explaining how to run a session, how to write a case, and how to create a series
• A comprehensive directory of threats and adversaries (Dangers), from mundane city cops and crooks to the insidious Avatars operating behind the veil of the Mist