Coming this winter, Mutant: Year Zero is a post-apocalyptic role-playing game, published by Modiphius Entertainment and developed by the Swedish games studio Free League Publishing, under license from Paradox Entertainment.
THIS IS A PRE-ORDER PICK UP AT DRAGONMEET. It will ship worldwide on the 8th December and be available for pick-up at London;s Dragonmeet Convention on December 6th: www.dragonmeet.co.uk, which will be the official launch of Mutant: Year Zero
This Pre-Order is for the 272 page full colour hardcover core book (and PDF) and comes with a free 36cm x 55.8cm Zone Map of post apocalyptic London and New York (worth £10 / $16), the Custom Dice (worth £15 / $24) and a free Card Deck (worth £15 / $24). See below for more info
Pre-Order Customers receive the PDF immediately!
Mutant: Year Zero goes back to the origins of the Mutant franchise: role-playing after the Apocalypse. In this game, you play as one of The People - heavily mutated humans living in The Ark, a small and isolated settlement in a sea of chaos. The outside world is unknown to you, and so is your origin.
Mutant: Year Zero has two major game environments, each with its own style of play:
The Ark, your home in the dawnworld. A nest of intrigue and Lord of the Flies-style power struggles, its far from a safe haven. But its the only home you know, and just maybe the cradle of a new civilization. The game rules let you improve and develop the Ark in the areas of Warfare, Food Supply, Technology, and Culture. It is up to you, the players, to decide which projects to embark on.
The Zone, wastelands outside the Ark. You will venture into the Zone in search of food, artifacts, other mutants, and knowledge - not least about The Peoples own origin. The game includes two maps of example Zones; London and New York and a plethora of tables and other tools to let the GM populate its sectors with mutants, deadly monsters and bizarre phenomena.
Where in the world the Zone and the Ark are located is up to you - why not play in a post-apocalyptic version of your own home town? The modular approach of this game lets you place all of the campaign material wherever you like.
The 272 page full colour hardcover core book contains everything you need for hundreds of hours of play. Some of the contents:
- A fast and effective character generation system, using archetypal roles such as the Crusher, the Gearhead, the Fixer, the Dog Handler and the Chronicler.
- Unstoppable but highly unpredictable mutant powers, such as Flame Breather, Insect Wings, Human Magnet, and Pathokinesis.
- A skill and conflict system that makes you push yourself to the limit, and beyond. The rules system highlights two main themes: mutation and resource management. Every bullet counts.
- Rules for developing the Ark (base building) and exploring the Zone (gridcrawling).
- A rich story generation system, helping the GM instantly create threats to the Ark as well as locations and events in the Zone.
- An illustrated bestiary of humanoids, mutated monsters and Zone phenomena.
- An extensive collection of artifacts for the characters to find in the Zone.
- Five complete and ready-to-use Special Zone Sectors. These are scenario locations with NPC's, backstory and suggested events. These Special Zone Sectors, which each come with an illustrative map, can be placed anywhere in the Zone by the GM.
- A campaign outline, called The Path to Eden, including backstory, NPC's, player handouts, and a campaign finale described in detail.
The Starter Bundle also comes with the Custom dice and Card set:
The Dice (set of 15 custom d6) are made specifically to enhance the rule system. They are not strictly necessary - normal six-sided dice of three colours will do but they include the custom symbols used in the game, and make the game run even smoother. £14.99 / $23.99
The Cards (deck of 100 cards) come in three types: Mutation Cards are used to randomly draw your mutations and then supply easy reference. Artefact Cards work the same way, but for artefacts. Threat Cards are story hooks that let you kick off a game of Mutant: Year Zero in an instant. All of the information on the cards is repeated in the main rulebook - but they do enhance the gaming experience. £14.99 / $23.99
A series of expansions are already in development. The smaller expansions, called Zone Compendia, will each contain illustrated adventure locations in the Zone, extra mutations, artifacts, rules, and more. The major expansions will each focus on one new playable class: mutated animals, robots, then unmutated humans. Each major expansion includes a campaign letting you play the origin story of the class, and then introduces the class into the game and into the Zone. We expect to release the first expansion forMutant: Year Zero in early 2015.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.