LEGENDS OF AVALLEN
“From that island at the end of the world, no soldier returned without tales of wonder. Walking forests, talking fae, enigmatic shapes half man and half beast; things that you ought not to believe unless you see them yourself.”—Kaato the Sage on the invasion of Avallen
Inspired by Celtic mythology in Roman Britain, Legends of Avallen is a roleplaying game that takes you to a mystical island occupied by faithless invaders. For now, peace has been called but it balances on a sword’s edge as all seek to tame the Otherworld—a parallel realm home to fae, demons, dragons, and gods. Here the greatest of legends rise from humble beginnings, and yours will be no different. Begin as a blacksmith, shepherd, merchant, or other base profession before questing to follow a legendary path, such as the Fae Touched, Gladiator, or Druid.
With an original ruleset that needs just a deck of regular playing cards, Legends of Avallen uses engaging mechanics that reward ingenuity. Setup allies in combat, uncover motivations in parleys, craft gear from slain mythical monsters, and navigate risks on journeys through ancient wonders. Will you mend the rifts between worlds, or delve into their depths for fame, fortune, and power?
Legends of Avallen was designed and created by Deren Ozturk, who lives in Cardiff, Wales. Deren has two passions in life: science and tabletop games. While completing his PhD in physics he began developing an RPG to introduce new players to the genre inspired by his Welsh locale. After successfully raising over $30,000 on Kickstarter, the Legends of Avallen core rulebook has now been brought to life by a diverse group of talented people working across four continents!
Modiphius is pleased to announce that we will be distributing Legends of Avallen to retailers and releasing through our UK and US based webstores as part of the VIA MODIPHIUS programme.
- Inspired by Celtic mythology in Roman-Britain, Legends of Avallen is an RPG that takes you to a mystical island occupied by faithless invaders.
- Quick character creation with deep character growth. Witness your humble townsperson rise into legend with 40 profession, martial, magic, and legendary ability schools.
- Engaging mechanics that reward ingenuity. Setup allies in combat, uncover motivations in parleys, craft gear from slain monsters, and navigate risks on epic journeys.
- An original ruleset that needs just a deck of regular playing cards. Get creative with your surroundings and work together with your friends to earn more cards for checks.
- Extensive guides, tools, world lore, and a bestiary full of Celtic creatures to help Gamemasters craft their own unique quests.
- Includes Quest for the Sealing Stone, an introductory adventure that teaches your aspiring heroes the game rules as you play.