Electric Bastionland is the Ennie-Nominated roleplaying game written by Chris McDowall, author of the critically-acclaimed Into the Odd. It uses and expands upon the systems developed in Into the Odd, resulting in a rules-set that’s easy to run and easier to play, a standalone journey into an unknowable world. The system takes the world’s favourite RPG and simplifies it to a minimalist core, where players’ decisions take the spotlight over complicated character sheets.
Bastion is the only city that matters, now entering its electrical age. Each of the characters has a failed career behind them and share a colossal debt. Treasure Hunting is the only spark of hope. Beyond the infinite city of Bastion you might delve into the rural decay of Deep Country or the Underground that sits just below time and space.
The game is simple enough for new players to pick up and fast enough to play a satisfying session in 2-3 hours.
The book contains:
- 336 Pages, hardback, with a bookmark ribbon.
- Fast, simple rules that fit on a single two-page spread.
- Over 100 Failed Careers that define your character's starting point and bring the world to life.
- A truly diverse range character options. You might be a former Sanctioned Executioner, Counterfeit Taxidermist, or an entire Pack of Street Urchins.
- Guidance for preparing and running your game in Bastion, Deep Country, or the Underground.
- Spot-coloured artwork by Alec Sorensen.
- A trove of essays and sample content in the Oddendum.
You will receive a complimentary PDF upon completion of order!
"For me, though, Electric Bastionland is, if not quite a revelation, a reminder of how much more expansive even dungeon delving fantasy can be. I found it both well done and inspiring and I suspect others will too." - Grognardia