Senior Art Director
Salary : £24,000 - £28,000 (depending on experience)
Contract : Full time
Location: Remote/London (preferred European time zone)
The Senior Art Director heads up our Art Direction team, providing leadership and management of their staff alongside day to day Art Direction tasks.
The role will oversee the day to day management of the Art Direction team, they will report directly to the Head of Creative Services and act as the main point of AD contact for the Senior Management team. You will be reviewing budgets and staff allocation to ensure we have the bandwidth and materials required to meet our busy art schedule.
As well as the operation of the department, you will also be expected to manage Art Direction for one or more of our projects. This will involve overseeing the briefing, solicitation and delivery of art assets through freelance artists as well as coordinating with project managers and line visionaries. Responsibilities
Modiphius Entertainment is looking for a digital community manager to curate our online groups, forums, and presence. As a community manager you’ll support our online communities, promote goodwill, moderate discussion, and monitor the engagement on various social media platforms and forums.
- Manage the Art Direction team on a day to day basis.
- Provide leadership and training for the team to help them develop.
- Manage the workload of the artists and art directors, informing the Senior Management Team of bandwidth issues or roadblocks.
- Source new talent for the Modiphius freelance artist pool.
- Create briefs suitable for product needs.
- Ensure final products are delivered to high standards as outlined in the brief by the Product Management team.
- Liaising with and managing external contacts and licence holders in order to deliver work suitable for print.
- Keep up to date with art and release trends within the board gaming world to ensure our brand remains fresh and relevant.
- Run weekly departmental meetings to report on progress, roadblocks, and discuss forthcoming work packets.
- Propose to senior management development roadmaps for staff in their team.
- Conduct annual reviews of staff performance.
- Manage the relevant product Monday.com boards ensuring each item is updated so Production Management and Senior Management can view progress.
- Ensure artwork is submitted for review by licensor(s) involved to check for errors and omissions.
- Manage the day to day workloads for freelance artists, balancing priorities of work packets, deadlines and available resources.
- Commission contractors and assign them work, and brief them, liaising with them for.
- Deadlines and ensuring their work is on brief.
- To keep a record of costs and time worked on each project, delivering packets to briefed budgets and timeframes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Leadership skills are a must.
- Have a wide knowledge of both niche and mainstream tabletop games.
- Have an extensive knowledge of art direction, art theory and the product production process.
- Be bright, highly self-motivated and driven.
- Have the ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment.
- Be analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail.
- Be reliable, flexible and cooperative.
- Ability to manage a complex workload.
- Be diplomatic and tactful.
- Be personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature.
Production Operative - Cornwall
We are seeking a motivated hard-working individual to join our growing team of resin figure manufacturers. We work in a quality driven environment and require someone with a high attention to detail to assist within the resin casting process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demoudling of cast resin parts.
- Quality control, checking cast parts.
- Achieving daily quota's of produced parts.
- Assembly of finished products.
- Assisting with the daily running of moulds.
- Opportunity available to learn the moudling and casting process
Workshop based in Liskeard in Cornwall, England all skills and training provided but existing knowledge of mould making and table top gaming is a great bonus. You must be based near Liskeard or willing to relocate to apply to the role (please indicate this in your application), and must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Writers, Editors, Layout, Proof Readers, Illustrators, Game Designers
We are always on the lookout for creatives to join our extended teams for our major game projects. These roles are typically remote and do not require you to be in London. When writing please include details of particular projects you'd like to work on and why plus a CV. We look forward to hearing from you!
PLEASE NOTE! You must have previous experience of contributing to a published tabletop game and working to a deadline.
We are committed to diversity in both our core team as well as our wide ranging creative teams and you will find us very open and approachable.