Where once mighty legions marched, and valiant tribes fought, where legends walked the lands and terrors prowled the vast forests, where ancient secrets unlocked immense power and inhuman gods threatened chaos and destruction…
JOIN THE COHORS!
Get the latest news on the Cohors Cthulhu universe, product releases and more.
Sign up below, using the correct form for your region - UK/EU/Rest of World or US/Canada/Mexico to get the appropriate news and information for you!
Mighty Warriors of Rome and their Barbarian Foes Join forces to Battle Nameless Horrors from Beyond Space and Time!
Cohors Cthulhu is set in the same universe as the Achtung! Cthulhu 2D20 tabletop roleplaying game, this time introducing adventurers to an era of daring gladiators, valiant centurions, and brave Germanic heroes.
You are fighting a hidden war, on the fringes of the Roman Empire. Far up on the Northern border, Romans and Germanic tribes clash in the dark and forbidden forests that cover these lands. Soon, however, you’ll have to band together to stem the invading forces of an insidious cult and its swarm of abhorrent creatures from the deep cosmos.
Cohors Cthulhu puts you on the front lines of the known world in the 2nd century, using fire, steel, and ancient technology to fight Eldritch horrors! You’ll arrive in the troubled Roman frontier town of Laurium, the archetypal walled fort that sits on the border between civilization and the mysterious, foreboding lands. Smoky taverns filled with dangerous vagabonds swirl with gossip and whispers of terrifying creatures, strange ruins, and haunted forests. Barbaric Germanic tribesmen prowl the thick woodland, but are they the only thing the Romans should be worried about?”
The upcoming Kickstarter Campaign will feature:
- A new cinematic tabletop RPG driven by Modiphius’ 2d20 system. The Cohors Cthulhu system is based on the Achtung! Cthulhu edition of 2d20 and will feature systems to help you get playing the moment you open the book.
- A duo of fully illustrated Player’s Guide and Gamemaster’s Guide, allowing instant accessibility to people on both sides of the story!
- A supplementary product range including a book of adventures around Germania, a fiction anthology, a Gamemaster’s Toolkit, custom dice and other exciting items to make playing the game as immersive an experience as possible.
- A range of ‘hero’ miniatures (28mm scale) for players to represent their own character on the tabletop as they battle their way through Laurium.
- A narrative solo/co-operative wargame set within the COHORS CTHULHU universe is also set for a 2024 release and will be fully compatible with the miniatures launched during this campaign.
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
— Marcus Aurelius (Roman Emperor A.D. 161-180 A.D)
READ & LISTEN
MEET THE TEAM